We offer a program for 2-6 year olds with a flexible schedule (2, 3, and 5 days per week).
Sage Academy Early Childhood Center
is dedicated to providing a caring and loving atmosphere to enhance every child's positive self-image. Each teacher's goal is to ensure daily opportunities for cognitive, emotional, social, and physical growth.
Our 3.5 acre campus is located in Tarzana , CA . Our facility boasts a large and inviting playground and features creative play equipment, plenty of room for running, riding tricycles, and pulling wagons. In addition we have a sand box, grassy areas, a children's planting garden, and lots of shade trees.
Our indoor areas provide more opportunities for imaginative play. Our classrooms include a dress-up area, a kitchen area, a reading corner, a puppet theater, and painting easels. The many toys available include blocks, dolls, trains, cars, musical instruments, puzzles, and other manipulatives.
Our goal is for each child to:
- Develop socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively;
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Learn to become a member of a group and relate to others;
- Learn to appreciate individual differences and value diversity;
- Develop self control and independence;
- Develop a positive self concept and self identity;
- Develop self expression and creative expression;
- Develop mutual respect and build community in the classroom;
- Develop social interaction skills;
- Develop communication skills.
Activities and exploration will be provided in the following areas:
- Problem Solving
- Cooperative Activities
- Fine Motor Skills
- Large Motor Activities
- Social Skills
- Creative Dramatics
- Literacy Activities / Kindergarten Readiness
- Math Skills
- Hands-On Science Projects
- Art for Self Expression
- Music Specialty Classes
- Cooking to Encourage Healthy Eating
- Our Classroom Garden